Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Beautiful Land.

There is nothing like a road trip through a landscape one has known since birth when one has lived far away for two decades. Everything is deeply familiar, yet at the same time fresh and new. South Africa's fields and farms are the first source of my inspiration and what inspires me in other landscapes has roots very often right here. Wintery light right now means intense colour, green grasses and flowering succulents not seen in the dry months of summer. I sit in the passenger seat, eyes (and iPhone) glued to the passing landscape. Familiar imagery and new inspiration. Such a beautiful land. I look forward to getting back in to my studio to see where this takes me.



4 comments:

  1. Hey just found your blog missie! I adore these photos. Where are they taken? Oh this is Lisa btw I have some ancient google blog account under S. Bird. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello hello - pics taken in the drive from Plett to Cape Town, always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update Karen! Beautiful pictures and yes, beautiful landscape and gorgeous colors! I'm glad to hear from you guys! Love Bogi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful sis! Looking forward to seeing some lovely Botswana pics. xf

    ReplyDelete