Friday, July 19, 2013

Cape Town to Maun

I am in wintery Cape Town but tomorrow we pick up a Landrover and head in to the wilds and wonder of Botswana. It will be just the 4 of us, some maps, a GPS and a desire to be far from all that usually consumes our days. We have things we hope to see (Lions, barking Geckos, elephants are all high on the list). I am looking forward to the vast nighttime skies of the African bush and taking time to take in details of my days. Even though being off the grid is one of the things I look forward to the most, I might turn up in my blog from time to time too as a way to record and remember things that strike a chord. Yesterday I spent a day at the edge of a stormy, rainbow-skied winter ocean with rain showers and surfers taking off in massive swell. Tomorrow I travel in to the bush with it's bone dry days and freezing nights. From rain seeping all around to dust that permeates everything, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment